Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League Is Awesome

 

     Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League is incredibly funny, has very fun gameplay, and the main story is totally worth your time, if you're a DC comics fan, of course.

     I never really cared for the Suicide Squad characters. I didn't like the first movie that came out. I thought that version of the Joker was cool in an interesting way aside from his teeth. The second movie was pretty good, surprisingly reminded me of The Boys.

     I had enjoyed my brief playtime in the beta for Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League but it did not sell me on a $70 pre-order. I knew I would wait for it to be on sale for around $20 before I got around to playing it. That's more on my own lame income than what a game might be "worth." I have always thought everything is over-priced for my entire life and I don't imagine that will ever change aside from continuously getting worse as it always has. Anyways...

     The first thing I remember loving about the beta was the traversal for each character. I have my preferences. One character's version of movement will always be "better" depending on what we prefer. My favorite traversal is Shark's. It's just fun and feels powerful as well. 

     Shark was my main played character throughout the entire campaign. As I'm writing this, I had recently started a new campaign playthrough as Boomerang. I'd rather just "grind" the endgame but it has been incredibly buggy for me and things just aren't working right. So, I figured I'd try leveling this character up before trying endgame again. There is no need for a New Game Plus since you can just pick any of the story missions you want to play at any time. That's pretty cool.

     Some bugs include:

  • invisible enemies so can't proceed with the mission and have to start over again by closing the lobby or game
  • ai teammates not showing up in the game at all
  • character customization sometimes saves based on what you last previewed rather than what you have selected
  • audio in cinematics not syncing correctly

     One thing I was glad I did was just stuck to the story missions without treating it like a typical open world game. In most open world games like the inFamous series or others, I'll explore and just do random things. Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League does not have enough variety in open world content to make that something to focus on, which is fine.

     The benefit of going from mission to mission with almost no exploring was that I kept unlocking new game elements pretty much the entire time straight through the end before opening up an end-game after the campaign was over. That ending was so good!!! 

     I'm a big fan of stories that involve alternate timelines and parallel universes so I had a lot of fun with this one. Lex Luthor seems to always be an interesting character, no matter what world he's from.

     When it comes to combat, you basically melee first, shoot immediately after. Generally, it's easy, but there are a lot of elements that can bring different challenges to each fight while on a mission. Mission challenges include things like being unable to finish enemies off without first doing some type of elemental damage. There's several different challenges offered, I didn't care enough to write them all down but they do add a decent variation. In the open world, enemies tend to be a lot easier to take down since they don't have challenges included with them as compared to the campaign missions.

     The different attack elements such as fire, poison, cold, and lightning are fun to play with. There are a lot of different weapon types with different perks that can fit certain playstyles as well. There's plenty of loot to be had but I never had to constantly upgrade my gear to keep up with the game. I liked that. I also like how different buffs you activate from certain attacks and combo chains have visual effects around your character such as auras and glows. The same goes for the guns. It looks real cool.

     It took me awhile to get used to the game interface. I hated it at first. Once I got used to it, it started feeling more familiar, similar to the Avengers game, Outriders, and Destiny when it comes to managing inventory items. 

     My favorite side mission to do is the ones where you drive the "Batmobile" and blow everything up. Those are super fun, and sadly, not as common as the other mission types.

     I loved the boss fight with Superman which was both epic and annoying. He zooms around so fast that you almost never get a chance to hit him while also having to avoid a lot of environmental damage. He throws poisonous clouds at you for some reason. He also throws vehicles and will even melee with them too, which has an awesome animation. Tip: blow up the ice shards he summons around the arena. It took me awhile to realize I could even do that. I thought he was the hardest boss in the game, just cuz he took me the longest to figure out what more to do. He's just before the final one.

     I was able to play through most of the campaign without much of an issue, about eighty-percent of the time without being frustrated by bugs. I'm never a fan of being forced to snail-pace walk for certain story parts such as the Batman/hallucination parts in this game. The slow moving sucked but the stage was pretty cool.

     I like when writers have political content in their stories. It makes sense to me to have relatable parts of real life in them. That said, gender identity is ludicrous and delusional. This is brainwashing at its worst and it's sad to see everybody in on it and how many are effected by it even after having spent thirty-plus years knowing the difference between a female and male and now they don't. It's shameful and these people should be embarrassed by it if they ever wake up. It's better to be embarrassed than to continue to be brainwashed into complete absurdity.

     I would not spend $70 on this, but that's just me. I find it hard to want to spend that kind of money on any game at all, especially when they include battle passes and microtransactions of any kind at all. I picked this up for free with a Twitch Prime free trial. I had been waiting for a sale for $20 for the Deluxe Edition so this was even better. Getting the game for free even made it so I'm slightly more willing to spend money on costumes but even then, the prices are ludicrous and the whole business model of the gaming industry is so disgusting that I cringe at the thought of buying their costumes.

     Overall, I found Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League to be highly enjoyable. I think it deserves a sequel, one without the stupid monitization of the garbage industry that is so normal now. They should get a clue from Insomniac's Spider-Man games to make it better. Really good games are ruined by these terrible business practices. I also don't expect a sequel because of the sheeple. Might as well consider this game dead and buried at this point. But I think it was totally worth playing and it would have been nice if it wasn't ruined by retarded ideology, bad business, and sheeple.

      Thanks for reading. Game on. Trust your instincts. Expertise is an opinion. Professionalism is inhumane. Authority is the enemy. 




Comments